Recollections: Makati Photo trip

image from my friend's site

Roughly two weeks ago, my friends and I went to Makati, Philippines to take a photo trip. We were all psyched because we all wanted to do something that we all had a passion for.

When we got out of the cab, the first thing that we did was we took out all our cameras - 1 Nikon, 2 Canons, 1 Lubitel, and 1 fisheye 2. Well, what happened was a few minutes after the taxi ride, wee noticed this cop walking towards us. I then thought that he would criticize us about us using our cameras. True enough, we got scolded and he asked for a permit. Strict cops. I thought we could use our cameras in public places. I had the same feeling when my friend who owned he lubitel and fisheye were skating up near the Mall of Asia. We walked around the corner to avoid any other guards and right at the same time when my friends hopped on to his board, a cop in a ford f1 opened his siren and scolded us. Haha. It was fun. I can now tell my kids (in the future) that I got "harassed" by cops more than once! lol


Anyway, we were forced to go to the opposite direction and avoid any cops that we would see. We almost got caught when we were shooting in the underground walk ways. Since it was almost 5 pm, I was forced to push my ISO to 1600 instead of the default ISO of my film, which was 400. Anyway, it was all good. We went all around the vicinity, while taking pictures and chilling. Let's not forget that we were "running" away from the cops.

We ended up having a lot of fun. although it may take a while until I can get my photos developed.

At around 7 pm, we headed back to the bus station and rode back to Cubao, where we went our separate ways.

Next stop, Manila Bay. Sunset shots and hopefully, no more cops!

0 comments:

Post a Comment